Over the years, we have acquired in depth knowledge of the products we carry and here, we present this information in an organized Q & A format so you can easily locate your issue and the respective solution.
We are also ready to answer any of your questions by phone, just call 011 111 1052/58
How can I install iTimer on a stand alone computer?
You can do this by using the "Advanced" button on the iTimer installer. Consult the iTimer Insallation Guide here: http://www.amestsantim.com/itimer-installation/
Can I use iTimer and Deep Freeze together?
Yes, you can use them together but you have to make sure that iTimer is installed on a drive (partition) that has not been "frozen" by Deep Freeze. If that is the case, you will not be able to get meaningful reports from iTimer since the usage data will be erased by Deep Freeze after every restart.
How can I put my business name, phone number etc on the iTimer Client screens?
You can do this by signing in on the iTimer Client and then right clicking on the iTimer Client from the task bar and selecting "Settings". On the settings screen, you can change the name, phone number and motto that is displayed on the iTimer Client screens. Consult the iTimer Insallation Guide here: http://www.amestsantim.com/itimer-installation/
How do I sign-in on iTimer Server and iTimer Client?
The default password for the iTimer Server is "itimer" for the most recent version and "adminPass" for older versions. The default user id and password for iTimer Client is "admin" and "itimer" respectively. You can change the default password both on the server and the client by using the Change Password feature.
How do I uninstall iTimer?
You can remove iTimer by using the MSCONFIG tool. Just type msconfig on the windows run box and in the System Configuration tool that comes up, go to the "Statrup" tab and uncheck iTimerClient and/or iTimerServer, restart the computer and iTimer will not start! Uninstall tool coming soon...
I'm having trouble using Skype on Multipoint Server 2011
Latest Skype versions are known to have problems working on Multipoint Server 2011, but version 22.214.171.124 has been thoroughly tested and works well. You can download it from here: http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=90?download
What Internet Cafe software can I use with Multipoint?
iTimer was created for Windows Xp and therefore can not be used with Multipoint as the operating system is Windows Multipoint Server 2011 (64-bit). However you can download use True Cafe with Multipoint.
Where can I plug-in my web cam and flash disks?
The multipoint stations have two USB ports, you can use a simple USB hub (see picture) to add more ports to your station so you can plug in devices such as web cam, flash disk etc.
Windows tells me that I need to install video driver
Yes, this is a must! You need to install the VGA (Graphics) driver for your computer before you can install and use the Multipoint driver software. You need to locate and install the VGA driver compatible with Windows 7, 64-bit. Here are some drivers (download links) for a few common computer models (for Windows Multipoint 2011 Multipoint Server OS)
- Dell Optiplex 620/745/755 Graphics Driver
- Dell Optiplex 760/780 Graphics Driver
- Dell Optiplex 790 Graphics Driver
What do I do if I can not find the PC-Station serial numbers on the back of the terminals?
If the serial numbers on the back of the terminals get lost or become unreadable, you can find six more serial numbers in the "Additional Software" folder of the PC-Station Installation CD. If you can't somehow find them there, here are twelve serial number and activation keys you can use... Please remember that you can use any serial number (different from the one given on the back of the terminal) as long as it is a valid serial number.
|Serial No.||Activation Key|
What anti-virus software can I use with PC-Station?
With the exception of a few anti-virus software that are not compatible with the PC-Station software you can use most. Anti-virus that are known to cause problems are:
- Avira, AVG, Avast and Kaspersky
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Norton, Symantec, McAfee, eScan, NOD32 etc.
How do I uninstall Deep Freeze?
Disable Deep Freeze before uninstalling it. To disable Deep Freeze:
- Hold down the shift key and double-click the Deep Freeze icon. Alternatively, you can press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F6.
- Enter your password and click OK.
- If you have not yet entered a password you should be able to click OK without entering a password.
- The Boot Options dialog is displayed. Select "Boot Thawed" and click OK. This will disable Deep Freeze on the next reboot.
- Reboot your computer. After the computer reboots, you are ready to uninstall Deep Freeze.
- Locate the installation file you used to install Deep Freeze on your computer. (If you installed it from the PC-Station CD, insert it now)
- Run the installation file.
- Select the option to "Uninstall"
How do I disable/enable Deep Freeze?
The following steps can be used to disable (Thaw) Deep Freeze:
- Hold down the SHIFT key and double-click the Deep Freeze icon. Alternatively, you can press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F6. A Password dialog is displayed.
- Enter your password and click OK. If you have not yet entered a password you should be able to click OK without entering a password. The Boot Options dialog is displayed.
- Select "Boot Thawed" and click OK. This will disable Deep Freeze on the next reboot.
- The same steps can be used to enable (Freeze) Deep Freeze. The only change is to select "Boot Frozen" instead of “Boot Thawed”.
The color on some stations is not good
If the color on your station's screen is bad, clouded over with green, yellow, red etc as seen in the picture below then this is most probably a network cable or a VGA cable issue. To fix this problem,
- Make sure your monitors VGA cable is working (try using another one that is known to work)
- Make sure that you are using CAT6e cables
- Re-do the crimping on both sides of the cable
- Make sure that you have not exceed the maximum allowable limit of 5 meters for cat 5e cable and 9 meters for cat 6e network cable
"Internal Error" message on the stations
This can be caused by one of two things.
- You have not entered serial numbers for all the stations. In this case, you will see a prompt on the host (main) computer asking you to enter a serial number. You can get the serial numbers on the back of each terminal (small black box)
- You have changed the date on your computer. In this case, just change back the date to the correct (current) date and restart your computer. If after having adjusted the date and restarting the computer you still find the error displayed, go in to the "C:\Windows\system32" folder, locate the file called "oemebios.bin" and delete it. Then uninstall and re-install the PC-Station software (NCX-2000XP). This will solve your problem. Please remember that the date on your computer should always be the correct (current) date.
Are there computers that PC-Station will not work on?
Yes, it is incompatible with Dell Optiplex 745, 755 and 360/380. It will also not work on some assembled computers with the Intel G33/31 Express chipset. Dell Optiplex 760 and 780 are compatible and can be used if their BIOS versions are above 8. You can check this when you computer first boots up (as shown in the picture below). If your computer has an older BIOS version, you can download the updates from Dell.com through the following links: Dell Optiplex 760 Latest BIOS Update (A13) Dell Optiplex 780 Latest BIOS Update (A12)